Our client is a global quantitative and systematic investment manager, operating in all liquid asset classes across the world. They are a technology and data driven group implementing a scientific approach to investing. Combining data, research, technology and trading expertise has shaped the collaborative mindset which enables them to solve the most complex challenges. Their culture of innovation continuously drives the ambition to deliver high quality returns for investors.
The successful candidate will join the global Server Team to design, build and support Microsoft Windows Server-based technology. This role is key to providing an essential service to many business areas, including research technology, trading tools, market execution and data processing.
- Build, optimise and support the Windows Server estate, consisting of multiple OS versions from 2016 to 2023.
- Integrate with other infrastructure components such as network and storage.
- Develop automation scripts to build, manage and maintain Windows Servers using tools such as PowerShell and Terraform.
- Monitor and optimize the performance and cost-effectiveness of the Windows Server estate.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to improve the reliability, scalability, and security of the solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across the board.
- Provide troubleshooting support in other areas if required.
Your present skillset:
- Extensive experience with multiple versions of Windows Server OS.
- Extensive experience with server hardware and associated infrastructure technologies.
- Extensive experience with automation, IAC, scripting languages to automate build and management of the OS using PowerShell and Terraform. Ansible is desirable.
- Good working knowledge with traditional Windows automation tooling (such as MDT and MECM).
- Extensive experience with monitoring, performance tuning and troubleshooting in Windows Server.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS for design and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Experience with Windows Update processes and technology and general security practice in a corporate environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.