My client is a market-leader in machine learning and predictive technology. What sets them apart from their competitors is that their predictive machine focuses on causality, and is capable of applying time series data from a vast range of industries, rather than just one. In turn, they are capable of providing accurate predictions for a variety of clients.
Their clients include tier-1 investment banks, leading hedge funds and one of Europe’s biggest logistics companies – predicting outputs such as oil prices, mortgage rates, energy consumption, and even the spread of disease.
If you’re an experienced engineering manager or a talented and experienced team lead ready to step up to a management role, this is for you. Working very closely with the CTO, this is a high-impact position, where you’ll be leading the product engineering group.
A hands-off role, you’ll be responsible for architectural and structural decisions, run daily standup meetings and interact with the wider business to discover new product opportunities, and build long-term roadmaps for the products. You will also mentor your team, with regular one-to-one meetings, and hire new members when appropriate.
The application stack is composed of Python, Numpy, Scipy, Sklearn, XGBoost, Keras, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP, and other technologies. They welcome candidates from any coding background to apply.
- Strong academic record in Computer Science (or related) from a leading university
- 3+ years’ team lead experience, ideally from a start-up environment
- Solid understanding of computer systems, e.g. data flow, distributed systems, numerical computing, frontend, web applications
- Broad understanding of machine learning, statistics and maths
- Proven track record in planning and executing complex and sizeable projects
- AI experience is highly sought-after
- Competitive salary + share options
- Budget for personal development to attend conferences, courses, buy books etc.
- Join a fast-growing, agile, diverse company, passionate about innovation
- Flexible hours and WFH opportunities
- Regular team socials and trips away