Salary: up to £200k base + bonus
This is a really exciting opportunity to be involved in the early stages of a stealth project at one of the world’s most renowned investment banks. Essentially operating as a ‘start-up’ within the bank, you will learn more about this secret project once you have signed an NDA.
Currently a diverse and creative group of 25 split between Buenos Aires and New York, the successful candidate will be the first hire for this team in London. As such, you will have complete oversight to build your 3 cross-functional pods of 6 developers.
Still massively greenfield and giving you huge freedom, they are shaping a high-profile and exciting new fintech product which will impact tens of thousands of external users, generating a revenue of $100+ million a year.
Using Java and React, this project has chosen their own design language, toolkit – even UI colour schemes! – and the production is super fast: from continuous releases, to client testing, to working with them to improve.
Initially, you would be fully remote (with monthly meet-ups), moving to your choice of 1 or 2 days a week in the new year.
You really don’t want to miss out on this role!
Skills and Experience Required:
- 10+ years’ software development experience (Java-based would be ideal)
- Proven track record of building and running client-facing, enterprise-scale development teams
- Solid experience of professional software engineering best practices
- Finance experience is NOT required
- Experience working at a start-up (or similar-style) business
- Good knowledge of cloud native technologies
- Significant salaries + bonuses + benefits
- High degree of ownership and impactful work
- Excellent career growth and professional development is encouraged
- Design your own interview and hiring process