Leading prop market-making firm is seeking a highly organized systems engineer with great communication skills. With offices in Chicago, New York and London, they provide liquidity in a wide variety of financial instruments and asset classes. To do this they hire bright, independent thinkers to compete in the world’s markets.
In this role you will join a growing technology team, in a dynamic environment, tasked with troubleshooting, monitoring, maintenance and networking. You will contribute to the oversight of the 24/7 Linux trading environment (designing & deploying new solutions, administration, upgrading), automation and datacenter management.
This is a company that truly values the merits of their employees, where traders, quants and software engineers all work closely together in an open, collaborative environment. The successful Systems Engineer will be self-motivated, from a robust background of Linux design, and have a passion for the fast-paced environment of the trading industry.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience of Linux (CentOS, Debian and/or Redhat) architecture
- Deep-level knowledge of administration, networking, performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, troubleshooting, etc.
- Solid experience with Linux build automation tools, e.g. Ansible, SaltStack, etc.
- Fluency in system scripting using Shell, Python, etc. and other related tools
- Willingness to work some weekend/overnight shifts on a rotational basis
- Strong Linux/Unix networking knowledge (knowledge of Cisco NXOS a plus)
- STEM degree from a top-tier institution
- Candidates must be based in the USA and have a valid working visa (H1B/Green Card)
- Top of the market compensation package
- Work with smart, motivated individuals where rewards are based on merit
- Feel valued for your input; diverse ideas are actively encouraged
- Plenty of opportunity to learn, progress and grow to your full potential