My client is one of the world’s largest producers of news; ingesting millions of news stories every day from external feeds and social media in order to keep their customers informed.
Now is a great time to join this global business as a hands-on team leader. Recognising the unique importance of SRE to its market data infrastructure, the company has made a huge investment in growing the number of SREs across the company, with teams in Tokyo, London and New York. The core infrastructure system processes tens of billions of data points from thousands of sources every day, enriches the data and makes it accessible to downstream apps and users at the stroke of a key.
Applying software engineering principles, the core infrastructure system SRE team is constantly responding to growth and change, making improvements which ensure the production environment remains stable, robust and scalable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead an SRE team of four to seven people. You will be expected to provide leadership and guidance to your team members, as well as to the wider organisation in London, demonstrating your knowledge of SRE best practices and industry standards. Your unique mix of technical expertise, stakeholder management and people skills will be instrumental in driving the team forward.
- Contribute individually and participate in day-to-day team responsibilities
- Meet with stakeholders, collaborate with other Engineering teams and further the larger SRE community within core infrastructure system
- 1-1 discussions, mentoring and training, and support for your team’s career aspirations
- Proven success at adopting new methodologies driving an SRE culture
- Experience with running production systems, triaging and solving outages
- Deep understanding of large-scale system architecture & software engineering experience
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux internals
- Ability to foster a collaborative environment, develop a strong culture of teamwork and to leverage opportunities and creativity from a diverse team
- One or more scripting languages (Python, Perl) is a plus
- Config management (Ansible, Saltstack, Chef) experience and knowledge of test frameworks (GTest, etc.) would be advantageous
- Truly collaborative culture across all engineering teams
- Strong base salaries + bonus
- Flexible work environment
- Internal training
- Paid for conferences