My client is an award-winning multi-strategy hedge fund, seeking a SRE who can operate with a high level of autonomy to join the Global Fixed Income (GFI) business area. GFI is a leading fixed income and macro business where the focus is on rates (interest rate swaps, sovereign bonds, inflation), currencies, emerging markets, equities, commodities and credit. Applying macro & relative value strategies based on quantitative modeling, a deep understanding of macroeconomics and a nuanced view of monetary policy.
About the role
At this firm, SREs combine software and system engineering to build and run the systems that power investment strategies at the speed and scale required in fast-evolving markets. In particular, SREs are responsible for reducing complexity and improving performance across the business, providing early support for applications in development and ensuring crisp functioning of applications in production.
Objectives of SRE Roles:
- Drive deeper reliability of process and workflows among technology, operations, and trading
- Provide transparency to systems in production to business users as well as technology
- Boost human efficiency and minimize operational risk via automation.
- Conduct post-incident review and follow up to drive Continuous Improvement
- Participate in the development lifecycle of creating automated solutions, including noiseless alerting and mitigation of toil and technical debt
- Troubleshoot production issues related to GFI Trading apps and execute problem resolution through post-issue evaluations, root-cause analysis and remediation
- Analyze and address failure patterns and incidents in the GFI application stack
- Analyze, performance test, document and identify optimization opportunities within the stack
- Implement best-in-class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end-to-end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management and release management solutions
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related discipline
- Ability to program (structured, OOP, and TDD) using one or more high-level languages, in particular Python, but also Java and C/C++.
- Proactive approach to identifying problems, performance bottlenecks, and areas for improvement
- Strong communicator
- Strong collaborator
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Experience with distributed technologies
- Strong project management skills