Salary: Up to £90k base + stock options
This is a successful, growing fintech with multiple openings for highly competent and experienced software engineers across both the back and frontend. Set to become the UK’s first platform bank by September, they empower companies to bring new financial products to market at speed on a platform designed with scalability and security in mind.
Now is the perfect time to get onboard as they are growing their technology team substantially.
As a Backend Engineer, you will build out one of the core product pillars – core banking, compliance, accounts, transactions – always being mindful that the infrastructure needs to scale to tens of thousands of requests per second. You’ll also contribute to fully functional integrations with several different payment rails and various card networks.
As a Frontend Engineer, your responsibilities will include integrating & extending backend APIs and building & growing the design system, written in accessible, semantic and performant code.
In terms of tech, the backend stack is Clojure, Kafka, Datomic, Kubernetes and AWS and they use CLJS, Reframe, Reagent, React, Stitches, Storybook, and Playroom on the frontend.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience collaborating in cross-functional product development teams
- Functional programming experience – Clojure would be ideal
- Very strong distributed systems background OR full-stack exposure
- Strong JS experience in React/Vue
- Deep-level understanding of semantic, accessible HTML & CSS
- Comfortable working independently within a geographically distributed team
- Experience with any of the other technologies within the stack they use (above)
- Experience working in small teams in a start-up environment
- Competitive base salaries + stock
- Truly flexible working – fully remote (UK/Ireland/Portugal) or office-based (London or UK-wide co-working spaces) or a hybrid of the two
- Generous benefits package, including pension, private medical and life insurance, and paid-for weekly lunch (even when remote)
- Transparent, autonomous working culture