This is an award-winning multi-strategy hedge fund, looking for an experienced Front End Software Engineer to join their Global Fixed Income (GFI) business. GFI is one of the major lines of business and deploys capital in the developed interest-rate and currency markets, focusing on liquid products including nominal and inflation-protected government bonds, interest-rate swaps, futures, options, and agency mortgage-backed securities. Strategies are primarily concentrated in the US, European and Sterling markets, and combine macroeconomic analysis, quantitative modeling, and rigorous portfolio construction to identify and capture opportunities. Each portfolio manager in Global Rates has a disciplined approach to a specific domain, and the team jointly identifies potential investments across these products and regions through a collaborative investment process.
Role: Software Engineer, Front End
Seeking an experienced Front End ReactJS/TypeScript/UI Developer to build the next generation of front-end tools and infrastructure for a best-in-class Fixed Income and Macro Fund. Applications and services empower the investment teams to capture new opportunities and deploy capital with the goal of delivering market leading investment results to their capital partners.
- Lead UI/UX development within the Global Fixed Income and Macro Fund, optimizing front-end elements and maximizing performance of dynamic user interfaces
- Build next generation of trading and execution tools
- Design and build UI components / controls
- Ingest and render streaming Data
- Optimize the UI for responsive performance
- Influence the user experience and the design of the Research and Trading Workflow
- Mentor early career developers and designers
- 5-8+ years’ UI development experience
- Prior experience building reusable interactive React/Redux components
- Knowledge of web protocols: TCP, HTTP, Websockets, REST, grpc
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS (Grid, flexbox, animations
- Ability to dissect business / user problems and apply multiple technical solutions
- Keen sense of end-to-end ownership of the quality of the product, collaborating cross functionally, organizing deliverables and iterating on a rapid timescale to drive innovation and deliver results