Unique trading firm that uses world-class technology to generate and implement outstanding research ideas, underpinned by a truly collaborative culture. Looking for a talented C++ Software Engineer to develop and maintain scalable trading applications and infrastructure, and assist with developing the full stack of infrastructure to support trading ops.
This is a fast-paced, critical role, with daily – or sometimes more frequent – release cycles, so you’ll be expected to understand how to prioritize between longer and shorter term needs. Projects will include systems custom optimization for latency, bandwidth or both, as well as multi-core/multi-threaded communications (using lock-free algorithms) to increase the theoretical computational limit per unit time.
The successful C++ Software Engineer will have a good understanding of trade-offs in terms of clock cycles and CPU cache effects, plus you’ll be expected to have a good grasp of run-time behavior, serialization delays, and asymptotic behavior in this environment.
This is a Linux shop running modern kernels, with a C++20 codebase and a Python layer on top. If you’d like to work in a collaborative environment where everyone programs, this is the role for you!
- Strong skills and experience with C++11 and higher
- Excellent design and debugging skills
- Experience developing for production-critical systems
- Outstanding communication and prioritization skills
- Bonus points for experience with any of the following: Python, x86 hardware, performance engineering, AWS (or similar)
- Previous experience in quantitative finance or trading is a plus, but is not required
- Competitive base salaries + discretionary performance bonus
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Catered meals and bountiful snacks
- Generous budget for home office set-up
- Health & Dental insurance, pension provision, plus fitness & wellness benefits