Salary: £200-400k total comp
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the London office of one of the world’s leading proprietary trading firms. With a company culture that is competitive yet collaborative, working in small, exceptionally talented teams, they build cutting-edge innovative technology solutions for their ultra-low-latency trading system.
They’re now looking for accomplished engineers to join the team responsible for the full stack of applications required to run the trading business.
Sitting on the trading floor, you will interact closely with traders and researchers to understand their needs and design effective solutions. There is very little red tape, and a rapid feedback loop on the software you build. Activities range from developing ultra-low-latency exchange protocol encoders and decoders, writing and fine-tuning automated trading strategies, to helping the monitoring and analysis effort by creating and extending user interfaces to provide the traders with more information and control.
This role would suit someone who relishes the challenges that come with an extremely fast-paced environment and can hit the ground running, making a tangible impact from day one.
- Expert-level knowledge of one or more OOP languages, e.g. C/C++, C#, Java
- Excellent coding skills – writing simple and clean code is second-nature to you
- Highly proficient in computer science, algorithms, memory-, and concurrency models, CPU-architecture, operating systems, relational databases, etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and exposure to/interest in the financial industry
- Strong degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics (or similar) from a top-tier university
Rewards and Incentives
- Great base salaries and industry-leading PnL-aligned bonuses
- Flat, transparent structure with autonomy to deliver solutions
- Generous benefits package, including commuting expenses, breakfast and lunch facilities, regular social activities and more
- Direct business impact with short feedback loop
- Leadership and training opportunities