This hedge fund, with a cool start-up vibe, is the next big thing in systematic trading. Using the best technology and tools in the market, they are developing proprietary trading strategies, technology and algorithms to make tens of thousands of trades per second.
With technology being so central to the success of this company – they rely heavily on the ultra-low latency of trades and high performance code – this hedge fund proudly brands itself as 97% tech-driven and ‘more like a software house’ than a bank. Working with a range of technologies – C++/Java/C# – they will consider any OO.
This is an entirely UK-based fund and is one of the best performing systematic prop funds over the last 10 years. All of the major decision-makers are based in London – which is a very rare advantage.
An opportunity exists for several strong developers to join the EU development team based in London. With experience developing in OO languages [C++ or Java or C#] you will work on one of the core trading systems. While you need NO financial knowledge, you should be willing to learn.
This role is business facing; working with traders to implement new ideas and further enhance the in-house developed trading applications whilst maintaining scalability.
Your key responsibilities will be to produce the best trading tools in London. Finding new techniques on how to improve trading algorithms and systems as well as improving performance on the current system will be crucial.
***All interviews and start dates will be fully remote.***
- Excellent OO knowledge [C++ / Java / C#]
- Degree (or relevant qualification) – preferably Computer Science or numerate subject
- Desire and ability to learn more, particularly about financial markets
- Commercially aware, priorities in business context
- Strong team-oriented attitude with natural inclination to share and collaborate
- Understanding and experience developing mission-critical, performance-sensitive, real-time systems
- Experienced in multithreaded and preferably network software development
- Cross-platform development [Windows and Linux]
- Thorough understanding of software development methodologies – especially scrum/agile methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior financial markets experience is preferable, but not essential
- Incredible salary & bonus
- Informal dress code
- Daily catering – breakfast, lunch, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Chill-out area with pool table, table tennis, TV and Playstation
- Competitive annual leave
- Health and life insurance
- Gym membership
- Two discretionary performance-related bonuses a year
Up to £150k + bonus