Salary: up to £150k + bonus
This is a superb opportunity for a proactive and pragmatic coder to join an award-winning, tech-savvy algorithmic trading firm in London. Specialists within electronic market-making in FX, equity, fixed income and commodity markets, they have one of the best names in the industry and attract the top talent.
As part of the team that oversees the infrastructure used by the rest of the firm, your main focus will be designing, developing and continually improving these platforms, using a combination of commercial products, open-source software and custom code. Some examples of recent products: in-house job scheduling system; custom Kerberos infrastructure and related tools; standardised open-source and in-house Linux distributions.
Fluent programming skills in any language are a must-have. (They use Go for their systems, but also Python, C and Bash – experience in these is not necessary, but you must be be willing and able to quickly adopt new languages as necessary.)
- Demonstrable automation experience of how new tools you introduced impacted positively on users outside your immediate team
- Very strong coding abilities (Go, Python, C and/or Bash experience a plus)
- Good working knowledge of Linux, TCP/IP networking, and storage technologies
- Evidence of building excellent relationships with peers both inside a team and across an organisation
- Expert use of standard development tools, e.g. git, IDEs, CI/CD and test-driven development techniques
Nice to Have
- Related development experience in any of these fields: Docker, Prometheus/Grafana, Elasticsearch, Puppet/Terraform, hardware/networking/storage.
- Previous knowledge of trading systems
NB Please don’t apply if you are a fresh graduate.
- Generous compensation package – you are making a direct impact on the PnL
- Flat hierarchy, focus on teamwork, where people are rewarded on merit and excellence
- Outstanding benefits, including onsite gym/sauna/fitness classes, extensive medical cover, and excellent professional development opportunities
- Cutting-edge, beautiful offices in central London