About the Company
An alternative investment firm currently managing $7.5 billion in assets, our client is among the top-rated and longest-tenured hedge funds in the world. They have a refreshingly transparent and team-focused culture, low turnover, and a fun work environment. Exceptional people have been central to the firm’s success, as they strive to have the best and brightest personnel in all areas of the organization.
Searching for a software developer to join the team in London on a full-time basis. Developers here are organized into small teams with independent prioritization and release schedules. A flat organizational structure allows for the opportunity to migrate across teams and broaden your business knowledge and experience.
The Development group works closely with a variety of financial professionals across all offices to help them solve complex business problems through the application of technology. The team is small, high-caliber, and well-positioned to make a significant and visible impact on the business. Key success factors are intellectual agility, solid judgment, and keen attention to detail. Exceptional communication skills, time management, and prioritization skills are a must. The team shares a passion for operational excellence and automation of routine tasks and loves to learn about new technologies, techniques, and market trends.
In addition to relevant experience, as part of the firm’s Development team the ideal candidate has deep understanding of many technologies and a curiosity for all things finance. The Development group most frequently codes in C#, Typescript, Python, and SQL, and leverages the firm’s technology stack, and modern deployment modalities like conda, Docker, k8s, and AWS.
- Work directly with various finance professionals, leveraging technology to solve business problems in legal/compliance, operations, treasury, accounting, and trading systems.
- Facilitate communication between business users and development/IT teams
- Work with business users to understand their requirements
- Be engaged and knowledgeable enough to suggest innovative solutions
- Show initiative in asking questions and gaining business knowledge
- Respond to support requests originating from various users in a timely manner
- Software Development
- Work with a wide variety of financial data and information in various formats and storage systems
- Deliver solutions quickly, but working within a professional software engineering environment
- Understand and use appropriate software engineering techniques, including thoughtful design, unit testing, integration testing, and development
- Be familiar and comfortable using distributed source code management systems, work/bug tracking systems, and automated build/testing technology
- Work effectively as part of the technology organization, communicating with the rest of the Development team as well as the other IT teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related STEM field
- 0-3+ years of programming experience (C# and Python preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a high degree of self-direction
- Effective time management and organization skills – ability to adapt to changing priorities and work well in an environment driven by delivering well-designed value to the business
- Experience within the financial industry preferred but not required (must be eager to learn)