Senior Software Engineer – C# / Java / C++/ Python
Join a sophisticated technology team in a well-known prop trading house that places software development at the centre of business strategy. This role is for a senior engineer who is able to take responsibility for a number of exciting projects – a do-er as well as a thinker. You will be taking ownership of projects from day one.
My client produces integrated automatic trading platforms for use in real-time algorithmic trading. The highly technical development team help to simulate investment ideas, test and control the risks associated, and generally maximise investments. A vibrant, flexible and inspiring work environment with excellent rewards.
With a strong understanding of algorithms, data structures and complexity, you will be looking to join a small team of highly competent developers as a senior software developer. The team covers a very broad range of responsibilities, disciplines and technologies so as a senior member of the team you will be expected to guide and orchestrate continual enhancement across a wide spectrum of the group’s initiatives, whilst balancing your own development tasks and projects. This is very much a hands-on position rather than a dedicated team leader or architect role – the senior role involves guidance of other developers in addition to the challenging, practical aspect.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience from a range of disciplines and roles, including software design, interface design, database design and distributed data services.
- Strong skills in C# / Java / C++ in a project or team lead capacity.
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals
- Academic qualifications: good A-level results plus a 2.1 or higher from a leading University in a numerate degree.
- Financial experience is not required although it may be useful.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Exceptional base salary and bonus
- Small company culture with excellent working environment
If you feel you are a strong match please drop me an email or call:
Andrew Stirling Martin
+44 (0) 2031379579
Get in touch using the contact form below or give us a ring at +44 (0)20 3137 9570 or +1 646 7129 405. We'd love to speak with you about what we can offer.