Senior Software Engineer – C# / Java / C++/ Python
Salary: Up to £140k + bonus
Join a sophisticated technology team in a well-known prop trading house that places software development at the centre of business strategy. This role is for a senior engineer who is able to take responsibility for a number of exciting projects – a do-er as well as a thinker. You will be taking ownership of projects from day one.
My client produces integrated automatic trading platforms for use in real-time algorithmic trading. The highly technical development team help to simulate investment ideas, test and control the risks associated, and generally maximise investments. A vibrant, flexible and inspiring work environment with excellent rewards.
With a strong understanding of algorithms, data structures and complexity, you will be looking to join a small team of highly competent developers as a senior software developer. The team covers a very broad range of responsibilities, disciplines and technologies so as a senior member of the team you will be expected to guide and orchestrate continual enhancement across a wide spectrum of the group’s initiatives, whilst balancing your own development tasks and projects. This is very much a hands-on position rather than a dedicated team leader or architect role – the senior role involves guidance of other developers in addition to the challenging, practical aspect.
Skills and experience required:
* Experience from a range of disciplines and roles, including software design, interface design, database design and distributed data services.
* Strong skills in C# / Java / C++ in a project or team lead capacity.
* Excellent Computer Science fundamentals
* Academic qualifications: good A-level results plus a 2.1 or higher from a leading University in a numerate degree.
* Financial experience is not required although it may be useful.
Benefits and Incentives:
* Exceptional base salary and bonus
* Small company culture with excellent working environment
If you feel you are a strong match please drop me an email or call:
Andrew Stirling Martin
If you are interested in alternative roles please feel free to register below, and with our extensive network of industry contacts, we can help find the perfect position for you!
Oxford Knight – Dedicated recruiters in the City of London placing candidates in technology jobs across a wide variety of industries worldwide.
Get in touch using the contact form below or give us a ring at +44 (0)20 3137 9570 or +1 646 7129 405. We'd love to speak with you about what we can offer.