One of the world’s most prestigious hedge funds is looking for an experienced and energetic backend engineer to join a brand-new team pioneering sophisticated technology and innovative investment strategies for their top-performing Portfolio Managers.
An involved and very hands-on role, you will help to build a Python-based platform to integrate datasets, analytics/pricing systems and tech platforms across the firm. You’ll also be part of an elite group deploying the platform to PMs; building & maintaining robust, high-performance APIs and services to support them in trading, risk management, tech analysis & research.
Successful candidates will likely have front-office experience in a similar role working with PMs, where you have demonstrated that you can adapt to steep learning curves and communicate well with both the business and technology.
- 7+ years’ experience, including 4+ years of Python
- Solid experience building a product and rapidly iterating according to user feedback
- Good eye for API design, focused on scalability and reliability
- Familiarity with equity and/or fixed income products (in particular pricing/analytics)
Nice to Have
- Front-office hedge fund experience
- Use of data-driven approaches
Rewards & Incentives
- Strong salary + bonuses
- Collaborative culture and an energetic, dynamic engineering atmosphere
- Build and share knowledge alongside top-tier engineers