One of the world’s most prestigious tier-1 banks is seeking a senior Java developer with stakeholder management experience to be their tech lead, overseeing a number of agile squads as they deliver the re-platforming and build-out of a new transaction reporting system.
You will join a dynamic global team that covers transaction regulatory reporting for the firm, spanning OTC derivatives, listed derivates and cash products. Working collaboratively with senior colleagues across the business, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategy and creating a roadmap for the next few years.
You will also work with other technology leads to ensure appropriate technical expertise is in place, managing effective resourcing and capacity throughout the squads.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator, with the problem-solving skills necessary to react quickly in the ever-changing regulatory environment.
- Proven track record in development and leading teams delivering complex software projects
- Substantial experience of agile methodologies and software delivery lifecycle, particularly when faced with regulatory or other hard deadlines
- Hands-on Java development experience (Java 8 or above) with a current working knowledge of the language
- Sound understanding of relational and columnar databases, e.g. DB2, Greenplum, and build/integration tooling, e.g. Ant, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins/Hudson, GIT/perforce
- Experience in banking and regulatory reporting – EMIR, MIFID, SFTR, etc.
Culture / Benefits
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Direct business impact
- Collaborative culture and an exciting place to work
- Flexible working/working from home opportunities