My client is a leading tech-driven prop trading firm, trading their own capital across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies in markets worldwide. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer with innovative ideas to play an integral role managing datasets used to determine trading opportunities and strategies.
Working closely with traders and quant researchers, you’ll be responsible for architecting data management solutions, evaluating and implementing appropriate data sources, and delivering data analysis tools to optimize existing trading strategies.
The successful engineer will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, bring proven technical problem-solving skills, and have a strong ownership mentality.
- 7+ years of database, ETL and process monitoring experience in financial markets
- Expertise in various RDBMSs (for example, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server) and NoSQL solutions (for example, Spark)
- Significant experience constructing SQL queries and SQL optimization skills
- Knowledge of Python coding and Python programming skills (Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Self-starter who can work independently and be able to drive a project from inception through delivery
- Prior knowledge of one or more of the following: big data serialization, cloud providers, R/Matlab/Tableau, Java/Scala/C++/Rust/Go
- Candidates must be based in the USA and have a valid working visa (H1B/Green Card)
- Top of the market compensation package
- Culture has the lively spirit of a start-up, with stability of a longer-established firm
- Feel valued for your input and get rewarded for great ideas
Remote interviews are available if required.