Salary: £80-90k base + 10% bonus twice a year
Exciting opportunity to join a growing scale-up where you will have an impact on millions of users. A global leader in digital asset data, my client provides investors with real-time and historical crypto data spanning 5k+ coins and 250k currency pairs.
Working closely with the CTO and Senior Product Managers, they require a Senior Engineer to join the data API and Streaming engineering team. They‘ve cultivated a friendly, flexible work environment where you will have direct feedback from and interaction with the users of the system.
The successful Backend Engineer will gain exposure to a high-throughput API and be very involved in a significant platform upgrade to improve user experience. You will thrive on designing and implementing fault-tolerant, highly available APIs that users love to engage with, taking ownership of key technology decisions.
They mostly use Node.js with some Golang, but are keen to see candidates from any OO background.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong backend programming skills in any OO language
- Experience in API service development
- Hands-on experience/knowledge of relational and non-relational databases – Postgres and Redis would be ideal
- Backend Node.js skills, including API frameworks, e.g. Hapi, koa, fastify, etc.
- Proficiency with both RESTful and websocket streaming services
- Experience working at a start-up or scale-up
- Basic knowledge of finance
- Competitive salaries + bonuses
- High degree of ownership and impactful work
- Wellness and professional training budget
- Hybrid and flexible working opportunities
- Pet-friendly office and lots of team socials