This is a fabulous opportunity for a talented, experienced engineer to join this tech-savvy algorithmic trading firm. Through writing software, the research technology team has built one of world’s largest compute clusters with a single function. In this role, you’ll take on a varied workload: designing the datacentre, choosing the right hardware, tuning OS, storage and networks, writing efficient distribution software for the compute cluster, and more.
Most of the work is greenfield rather than implementing existing, you’ll be writing systems from the hardware level up. Recent projects included writing a new storage discovery system from scratch and writing a distributed file system.
With huge amounts of autonomy, you can really make a large impact from day one. You’ll be expected to take time to truly understand the business and its requirements, taking often half-formed requests and delivering what users actually need, not what they asked for.
The successful candidate will have a track record of outstanding performance, be confident writing whole systems, and a passion to get started growing one of the world’s largest compute clusters out there.
- 5+ years’ experience, with an extensive understanding of all things tech
- Excellent infrastructure, networking and programming (preferably Python) skills; a hybrid systems/programmer would be ideal
- Ability to draw on your knowledge from many layers of the tech stack (network, hardware, OS, software) to devise the best solution
- Strong knowledge of large-scale infrastructure management, using code as a tool
- Experience of file systems; can understand GPU performance issues, but can also code
- Some experience with bare metals is useful
- An interest in computers from an early age is a plus, most of the team have been coding, tinkering, building systems, exploring, breaking things to see how they work, etc., in their spare time
- Competitive compensation package
- Solve complex problems from the ground up; ideas from everyone are encouraged and evaluated
- Extensive benefits package, including life & health insurance, pension, onsite gym, yoga, climbing wall, pool & table tennis, daily breakfast & lunch, and regular social events