Unique trading firm that uses world-class technology to generate and implement outstanding research ideas, underpinned by a truly collaborative culture. Looking for a talented Research Engineer to research, test and deploy new trading strategies, as well as designing and building research infrastructure to test trading ideas.
You’ll work closely with teammates to identify and develop new trading opportunities. You’ll code in Python to express statistical ideas and relationships between securities, producing hypotheses about market participants and dynamics. You’ll also design & implement new research tools to meet requirements and extend existing tools.
The successful Research Engineer will be a strong quantitative problem-solver, skilled at implementing performant code and in their element when designing user-friendly tools for colleagues. If you do your best work in a highly collaborative working environment where everyone’s ideas are valued and knowledge is shared, this role would be perfect for you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or related), with strong familiarity with statistics and quantitative problem-solving
- Self-starter, with ability to implement statistical ideas in code
- Strong proficiency in Python and C++ (or equivalent) preferred
- Interest in financial markets or learning more about financial markets
- Previous experience in quantitative finance or trading is a plus, but is not required
- Competitive base salaries + discretionary performance bonus
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Catered meals and bountiful snacks
- Generous budget for home office set-up
- Health & Dental insurance, pension provision, plus fitness & wellness benefits