Not your usual type of investment manager, this innovative company looks beyond traditional finance and uses data science and technology to discover value in markets worldwide and develop sophisticated trading models. Scientists, technologists and academics continually improve investment strategies, making more intelligent trading decisions and effectively managing risk.
This is a great opportunity for a Reliability Engineer with experience using Java, C++ or Go to help build and support their scalable infrastructure. You will gain exposure to off-the-shelf and open source systems (e.g. Jenkins, Grafana, Nagios, Zookeeper), and the opportunity to construct complex SQL queries.
Reliability Engineering is a versatile group of full stack engineers, at the front line maintaining and expanding the capabilities of the many and varied systems. They are a passionate and diverse team, who enjoy collaborating and learning from one another.
You will be developing tools to monitor the production environment, ensuring systems are resilient to failure; tools to automate manual processes and providing real-time solutions to challenges, while identifying root causes to avoid repetition.
- Engage with software engineering teams on architectural design, reliability, performance, support issues and improvements
- Get involved in all aspects of software development of SRE-owned systems
- Analyze metrics to pinpoint faults and improve robustness and reliability of systems and applications
- Provide primary operational support for multiple large distributed software applications
- Experience building and working on large-scale systems is essential
- 2+ years development-focused experience, with one or more high level languages, such as Java, C++ or Go
- High proficiency with one or more scripting languages, such as Python or Bash
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree (or equivalent) in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
- Proactive problem identification and resolution. Proven track record for automating process together with an algorithmic approach to solving problems
- Financial experience is a bonus, but not essential
- Market-leading base salaries + bonus
- Work with numerous open source technologies
- Truly collaborative culture and growth opportunities throughout the firm
- Flexible work environment
- Internal training