Salary: up to £130k base + bonus
Location: London | Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Job Summary: Reliability Engineer at market leading quantitative trading firm in London. The team exists in the space between traditional systems administration and development, and seeks to merge the capabilities from both disciplines. Supporting large, business-critical distributed systems and monitoring software reliability in a high performance environment.
- Acting as a conduit between both infrastructure and development teams.
- Primary support for multiple, large distributed software applications.
- Improving all aspects of software reliability, including better monitoring, alerting and documentation.
- Engaging with software engineering teams on support issues and improvements to tools, processes, and software.
- Gathering and analyzing metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
Technical Skills Required:
- At least one of: 1. Host based networking, 2. linux/unix administration, 3. systems programming, 4. distributed systems, 5. databases, and a desire to learn more.
- The ability to quickly leverage off the shelf and open source systems and utilities to rapidly provision production systems in a variety of domains, especially for multi-tenant use.
- A proven track record of automation and an algorithmic approach to solving problems.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc.
- An understanding of the operational concerns in a demanding environment; ideally, but not necessarily, finance.
If you feel you are a good match, please don’t hesitate to get in touch:
Mobile: 07377 667533
Get in touch using the contact form below or give us a ring at +44 (0)20 3137 9570 or +1 646 7129 405. We'd love to speak with you about what we can offer.