Salary: up to £160k base + 50% bonus
Experience: 8+ years
This is a global, massively successful hedge fund employing thousands of people, but this division has a tech-centric culture, with all the latest technologies and greenfield projects / building from scratch – with no legacy systems.
This team runs as differently from a traditional financial firm as you can get; offering a unique opportunity for an experienced leader to use their extensive Python skills in a fast-paced, collaborative culture, where your hard work is well-rewarded.
You’ll join a talented Quant Technology team, developing and maintaining the next generation of in-house analytics and trading tools. All greenfield work, you’ll work closely with tech, middle office and trading teams in Tel Aviv and New York/Miami to build out and enhance their back-end distributed systems.
This role offers at least 50% hands-on development; alongside this, you’ll mentor & coach a small team of Python developers, sharing knowledge and motivating them to excel.
Here you’ll find no ‘finance culture’ and very little ‘red-tape’; it is a team of techies who are there to build vital tools and systems. A hedge-fund salary without the long, finance-associated hours or work. The ability to face off to the business is essential, as are outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
Skills and Experience Required
- Significant Python skills (8+ years of development, at least 2 being in Python) plus 2+ years’ team lead experience
- Solid demonstrable leadership abilities
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related) from a top-tier university
- Previous experience developing and maintaining back-end distributed systems
- Experience of cloud tech, client server, distributed computing and micro-services design patterns
- Skills in any of the following: Docker/Kubernetes, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB), asynchronous programming in Python, Linux, CI/CD, modern C++ development
- Finance experience NOT required, but nice to have
Benefits & Incentives
- Strong salary + bonuses + generous benefits package
- Greenfield work / big impact
- Positive, friendly culture and rewarding place to work
- Work-from-home opportunities