Salary: £80,000 – 130,000 base + 40% bonus
3-20 years’ experience
Fabulous opportunity for a talented Python engineer to join a global multi-strategy fund (with a focus on Equities) in their central London office. Not your average hedge fund, they have built their own core infrastructure platform that allows its traders to pursue unique investment strategies, consistently delivering high quality returns independent of the general market.
They’ve got a fantastic name in the industry with good reason; paying strong salaries on both base and bonus, and a good tech culture, which is both collegial and dynamic. This is the perfect time to get onboard as they look to grow and expand their PM teams.
You will join a middle-office development team which primarily looks at equities, with some cross-asset components as well. You’d be working on a trading application with a focus on data, expanding database access by building RESTful APIs for the front-office teams. This role will also involve release management, configuration, testing and production troubleshooting as functionality is extended.
This year, they are moving a lot of the code to the cloud (AWS), using containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes) and are also looking at using Amazon Redshift for historical data. They have a rich tech stack, using predominantly Python (bits of Java) along with RabbitMQ, MongoDB and Apache Kafka for data access.
Skills and Experience Required
- Exceptional Python skills
- Commercial experience writing and tuning SQL queries
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Computer Science degree (or similar) from a top-tier university
- Bonus points for experience in cloud tech (AWS), Apache Kafka or container tech (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Finance experience is beneficial, but by no means a requirement
Benefits & Incentives
- Strong salary + bonuses
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Collaborative culture and an exciting place to work
- Generous benefits package