Our client is a leading tech-driven quant and systematic hedge fund trading with offices across the globe. They leverage deep knowledge in data, research, technology and trading to deliver high-quality returns. This opportunity offers a dynamic and fast-paced environment with excellent prospects for career growth.
Seeking an enthusiastic Python software engineer to join their Risk team in London. Your primary focus will be building and delivering solutions in response to requirements from the Risk Management team and Trading desks.
The successful Python developer will be highly motivated and an exceptional communicator, with experience of facing off to the business and other stakeholders across the firm. You’ll also need to have knowledge of building large-scale applications.
- Bachelors or Masters degree from a top-tier university in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years’ professional experience in software development, including Python 3 and Rest API use (Note: Please don’t apply if you’re a fresh graduate.)
- Strong understanding of modern software architecture and cloud platforms
- Previous experience in Risk within the financial domain
- Strong proficiency for writing high quality, testable code in an OO environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Java or C++
- Experience with any of the following: query optimization and performance tuning; AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, or Helm
- Great opportunity to be part of a collaborative, creative environment where you can feel valued for your input
- Competitive salary + generous benefits
- Professional and personal development
- Relaxed, casual culture, with a healthy work-life balance