Salary: total comp can hit £600k-£1 million a year
Research at this leading investment firm is key to continued success: based on rigorous and innovative research, they design and implement systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes.
Working within a small ‘trading pod’ as the right-hand person to the Portfolio Manager, you will do systematic macro trading within FX, running both intra-day strategies and building HFT strategies to run passively.
They’re looking to add an exceptional Quantitative Researcher with Python experience to their growing London team. You’ll be tasked with discovering systematic anomalies in FX markets and identifying & evaluating new datasets. You’ll also take on end-to-end development: from generating alpha ideas to strategy backtesting and optimization, through to production implementation.
With lots of project ownership and a collaborative start-up environment, this is a fantastic place to work.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role (e.g. systematic alpha research in FX)
- Strong programming skills Python
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Maths, or other quantitative fields, from a leading university
- Excellent grasp of foundations of applied statistics, linear algebra and time series models
- Experience developing short-term alpha signals
- Demonstrated proficiency with large, raw data sources
- Market-leading base + bonuses + generous benefits
- Meritocratic environment working with some of the smartest minds in industry
- Excellent professional development (tuition assistance)
- Plenty of opportunity to give back through volunteering & charity work
- Flexible hybrid working model