One of the world’s largest hedge funds, this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most prestigious technology teams in systematic trading in a wide-ranging development role. With a flat-structured, ‘no-attitude’ working environment, this is a great time to join as engineering is undergoing significant investment.
Looking for a keen AI enthusiast to join the small, agile Machine Learning group, where you will help facilitate the use of machine learning tools company-wide, in particular generative AI.
Your primary focus will be to develop a cutting-edge platform used by teams across the firm. Collaborating closely with these teams and individuals to deeply understand their needs, you’ll guide them in leveraging the platform. Where required, you will also use both the platform and your expertise to design and implement bespoke solutions to meet requirements. Offering the opportunity to make significant contributions across the business, you’ll develop solutions to problems which until recently were considered impossible, or extremely difficult, to solve.
Their core systems run on Linux and most code is written in Python, including extensive use of numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc. But they’re also constantly evaluating new technologies, tools and libraries, meaning you can shape the technology landscape and make an impact early on.
- Passion for AI engineering, someone who stays up to date with major advancement in AI tools and models
- Strong development knowledge of Python
- Experience of data analysis techniques, plus numpy, scipy, pandas, etc.
- Solid Linux platforms experience with various scripting languages
- Proponent of collaborative software engineering techniques and agile methods
- Degree with high mathematical and computing content – Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, etc. – from a top-tier university
- Keen interest & understanding of financial markets
Nice to have
- Prior experience of language processing techniques or toolkits such as NLTK
- Experience designing or utilising document search tools
- Experience utilising or fine-tuning generative models (e.g. large language models or diffusion-based models)
- Competitive salary + generous bonuses
- Extra perks including a personal development allowance and sponsorship
- Central London office with a very smart, friendly tech team
- Flat-structured, transparent and collaborative environment, ‘no-attitude’ culture
- Regular social events, plus annual company trips and team offsites