Compensation: Market-Leading & Competitive
Unique in their field, this HFT fund has the lively, positive spirit of a start-up with the stability of a longer-established player. They hire exceptional talent in Maths, Physics and Computer Science, from across the trading, tech and start-up industries, to apply cutting-edge research to global financial markets.
Their Trade Desk production team is looking to hire a Production Reliability Engineer who can oversee all aspects of the real-time trading platform.
In this role, you’ll be proactively monitoring and supporting large-scale trading systems applications, as well as building and maintaining devops toolkit for the production trading system (config + process management, deployment, data collection, analysis, etc.). You’ll also work directly with traders and developers, communicating technology changes, managing incidents and solving problems.
The successful Production Reliability Engineer will have a rigorous, detail-oriented approach to operations, able to take ownership of difficult technical problems, who enjoys the challenge of finding solutions.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in IT ops, e.g. DevOps, Linux System Engineering, or Network Engineering
- Strong skills in Python and shell scripting
- Degree in Computer Science (or related) or equivalent commercial experience
- Bonus points for experience of C++ and/or Linux operating system
- Exposure to networking concepts, such as routing, multicast, LLDP, VLAN tagging, ethernet, is a plus
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Enormous opportunity to grow, learn and have an impact
- Contributions are rewarded; career progression supported
- Unique culture where you can fulfil your potential through collaboration and mutual respect