Salary: up to £150k + bonus
Not your standard algo trading company, this leading firm prides itself on its flat hierarchy, teamwork, and rewarding people on merit and excellence. Specialists within electronic market-making in FX, equity, fixed income and commodity markets, they have one of the best names in the industry.
Based in London, they are looking to expand their exchange trading development group, which takes trading ideas from the Quant Research team and makes them reality utilising the best technology.
As System Reliability Engineer / Production Engineer, you’ll be part of a small team – which works to their advantage – responsible for managing a global network plus multiple hundreds of servers across almost 50 sites. Sitting in between datacentre support and the main development function, you’ll leverage your programming skills to find the correct solution from the start, rather than using repetitive manual work or ad-hoc scripting.
The successful System Reliability Engineer / Production Engineer will most likely come from a programming or SRE background, who can code well, likes automation and is focused on network technology.
- Excellent programming skills in your preferred language(s); they use Go, Python and Rust where appropriate but prior knowledge is not expected.
- Sound understanding of datacentres and the hardware inside them – servers, switches, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of network routing and switching (BGP, OSPF, PIM, IGMP), etc.
NB: Please do not apply if you are a fresh graduate.
- Significant compensation package – you are making a direct impact on the PnL
- Collaborative and friendly environment with highly engaged colleagues
- Free onsite gym, sauna and fitness classes
- Breakfast and lunch provided four days a week
- Cutting-edge, beautiful London offices