Lively, positive spirit of a start-up, with the stability of a longer-established player, this leading quant firm is looking for a pragmatic Production Engineer to take ownership of trading and operational issues, ensuring processes are scalable, fault-tolerant and fully automated.
Developers here are highly valued and well-rewarded for hard work, and as a result, are some of the brightest minds from across the trading, tech and start-up industries. This role will involve working with colleagues across the business, writing and maintaining a complex Python infrastructure, plus maintaining a robust pre-release automated testing process. You will also identify and fix issues which prevent trading or deployment of new code.
Here, technology is recognised as being key to their continued success, where traders and software engineers work on their own proprietary trading algorithms. If you would value having the autonomy to pursue your own projects to help the team’s trading, and manage your own workload, this role would be perfect for you.
- 2+ years’ hands-on Python programming experience, plus proficiency in one or more scripting language and some C++
- Able to carry out complex debugging, design work and problem-solving
- Deep-level understanding of Unix-based operating systems
- Strong track record of owning and driving forward mission-critical systems
- Skilled at managing priorities with the ability to switch between multiple projects at once
- Bonus points for trading industry experience
This role is open to US citizens and visa transfers only.
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Enormous opportunity to grow, learn and have an impact
- Contributions are rewarded; career progression supported
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Salary: Flexible for the right candidate