Salary: up to £150k + bonus
Not your standard algo trading firm, this leading market-maker takes pride in its flat hierarchy, teamwork, and rewarding people on merit and excellence. Specialists within electronic market-making in FX, equity, fixed income and commodity markets, they have one of the best names in the industry and attract the best talent.
They’re now seeking a Platform Performance Engineer to join one of the trading application teams, initially to focus on the performance (both throughput and latency) of cloud-based hosts, but also to be responsible for the performance of a global, co-located trading system.
To begin with, you’ll drive cost efficiency of existing trading deployments and look at on-prem work, e.g. hardware-specific instrumentation & co-ordination of A/B performance experiments. Future projects may cover adapting AWS-based deployment to new clouds (e.g. GCP) and integrating all AWS provisioning into the trading team’s inventory management system over time.
- Passionate about closely examining impact-oriented performance work, especially in cloud
- Familiarity with standard Linux tooling, particularly network diagnostics
- Deep knowledge (or keen to acquire deep knowledge) of protocols including TCP, WebSockets, HTTP, TLS, FIX
- Comfortable using a statically typed programming language
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code techniques and tools, such as Terraform
NB: Please do not apply if you are a fresh graduate.
- Significant compensation package – you are making a direct impact on the PnL
- Collaborative and friendly environment where everyone is valued and treated as an individual
- Outstanding benefits, including electric vehicle/cycle to work schemes, annual health screening, and workplace nursery scheme
- Cutting-edge, beautiful offices in central London or Singapore