This is a fantastic chance to join one of the world’s leading quant investment firms as a Platform Engineer. The business relies upon a technology platform spanning research computing, low-latency trading, application development, and core engineering, and platform engineering teams are tasked with solving real-world technical problems to ensure the firm’s continued success.
Joining one of these close-knit teams, your primary focus will be the design, implementation, and operational support of scalable, performant systems, taking ideas from inception to production. You’ll need to draw on your excellent technology skills and problem-solving abilities to work on projects small and large, working with a mix of open-source and proprietary tools. Teams can specialize in different domains, including HPC Infrastructure, Container Orchestration, CI/CD, Linux, Cloud, and Network Engineering.
Collaborating closely with fellow engineers and/or researchers, and with lots of project ownership this is a great place to work. If you love working on challenging and complicated problems, making a direct impact on the bottom line this role would be perfect for you!
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in software engineering (any language) and/or systems programming, plus strong skills using Linux and other open-source software
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences field from a top-tier university (or equivalent professional experience)
- Production experience working with a public cloud, AWS preferred
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure-as-code frameworks
- Skilled at managing priorities with the ability to switch between multiple projects at once
- At least one area of specialty platform knowledge: HPC, Trading, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Linux, Cloud Infrastructure, or Networking
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Hybrid WFH policy
- Smaller company, meaning an enormous opportunity to have an impact, grow, and learn
- Holistic approach and strong scientific/academic culture; you’re not ‘siloed’ like at other firms
- Founder is still very hands-on, likes to get to know all engineers personally