My client has developed a proprietary, intuitive, smart-contract language using their deep expertise in scalable technology. Being a leading provider of distributed ledger technology (DLT) that solves real-world business challenges, they enable financial institutions and cross-industry organisations to bring world-renowned DLT systems into production.
Within this role, you will be required to utilise deep technical and domain expertise to design and develop business-critical products with pragmatic and efficient code. Further to this, you will be asked to collect and define requirements based on a dynamic assessment of functional and non-functional capabilities. This role requires the individual to be able to turn an abstract idea into a strategic, pragmatic solution in code.
Having combined some of the top global minds with experience in research cryptography and commercial high frequency trading, the company was founded by three individuals in 2014. Their core business offering is multi-faceted: being one of the fastest growing Fintech companies, my client enables some of the world’s largest companies to harness the power of DLT to streamline their business operations. Additionally, their proprietary smart-contract programming language is used to digitise multi-party agreements and automate transactions in a secure manner.
- Strong hands-on software engineer on a large-scale project; proficient in one or more functional programming languages, e.g. Scala, Haskell, F#, ideally in a production environment. Happy to look at engineers with no functional experience under exceptional circumstances.
- Exceptional communications skills, comfortable presenting complex concepts in front of large client audiences – both technical and non-technical
- Deep understanding of financial markets and processes; experience should be in the front office; the candidate must understand the strategy of markets as well as its mechanics. Financial engineering experience as a ‘quant’, ‘strat’, or ‘algo trading developer’ would be advantageous
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field would be nice to have
- Competitive base salary + strong bonuses
- Opportunity to travel – offices in London, New York, Zurich, Sydney and Budapest
- Incredible benefits package on offer
- A chance to work alongside a world-class team within an excellent working environment