About the Position
Exciting opportunity to work at a tech-centric prop trading fund where their numerous distributed systems are built on an agile, reliable, multi-vendor network infrastructure that supports all traffic profiles from trading to internet connectivity.
Looking for a Network Engineer who will help build and maintain the team’s highest level of service and scale the network ahead of business demands, while pushing for more standardisation through automation.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be needed as you collaborate with colleagues across the firm globally. You will find and resolve issues, plan and execute deployments, and improve systems where possible. Getting the details right and keeping good records will be critical in this role. Striving to improve the team through documentation and contributing to our monitoring and automation systems will be a must.
A typical day in the Network Engineering team includes:
- Working on cross-team design efforts such as new data centers and colocations, WAN routing optimisation, and other initiatives
- Interacting with stakeholders to identify requirements and network features/capabilities that are required to enable the business
- Contributing to both active support efforts while also working to document, automate, and simplify the network design to limit outages and increase the ability to resolve issues in a timely fashion
- 7+ years of experience operating and deploying network infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience in ground-up network design
- Experience with routing and network protocols (OSPF, BGP, PIM-SM)
- Experience troubleshooting transport protocols (TCP/UDP)
- Experience working with Linux and proficient in a programming language
- Ideally experience with overlay networks (EVPN, VxLAN)
- Eagerness to automate your workflow to increase efficiency
- High capacity to learn; we are more interested in how you think than what you already know
- High capacity for context switching and organising your workload
- Clear communication skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of customer service
- A flexible and reliable team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Fluency in English required