Salary: Up to £150k base + strong bonuses
This algorithmic trading firm brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. Their researchers are at the forefront of innovation and the start-up feel of the company creates a very relaxed but technically challenged environment.
They have built one of the world’s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development and their distributed system is on the Pareto frontier of latency and throughput. You’ll do machine learning over huge datasets in a massive compute cluster. You’ll develop deep knowledge of C++, OS internals, CPU architecture, and networking hardware and protocol.
- Excellent design, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience in either C or C++ and a brilliant grasp of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.)
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (they use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- Competitive base salary
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Competitive pension contribution