Salary: €200-400,000 total comp, including profit share
Leading global market-maker, leveraging technology to solve challenges in the markets, is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to reduce complexity in and improve performance of trading systems.
Working within a team split between Amsterdam and London, Systems Engineers at this firm are responsible for the deployment and configuration of all Linux-based systems and services. You’ll work directly with researchers, application development and other infrastructure teams as they grow their presence.
This is a team of highly skilled engineers who oversee reliability, availability and performance, working with the global systems team to improve technology, while innovating and pushing for autonomy.
- Strong, comprehensive understanding of Linux engineering and administration methods
- Solid understanding of data protection schemes, how they’re commonly deployed, and how they fail: erasure coding, replication, RAID, snapshots, etc.
- Familiarity with tuning OS and kernel parameters for improved performance, and tools such as Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Comfortable working with common scripting languages, such as Python
- Broad experience with common infrastructure services, such as DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.
- Hugely collaborative environment between teams, not siloed like other firms
- Competitive compensation: truly flat structure; feel valued for your input and be rewarded for great ideas
- Work with the latest technologies on complex problems