Exciting opportunity to work at a tech-centric prop trading fund which trades a wide range of financial products, with offices across the globe. Work is organized into small, project-oriented teams, each with the independence and responsibility to make decisions that impact the business.
Seeking a talented Software Engineer with experience in high-performance low-latency systems. You’ll collaborate with quant researchers and developers, taking a holistic approach to design and optimize the fast-trading systems.
To be successful, you must have experience of low-level systems programming and optimisation. They are keen to see candidates from both finance and non-finance with experience in any programming language.
- Experience with low-level systems programming and optimisation, and working on network applications that require extremely low latency and high throughput
- Good understanding of, and ability to improve application performance through hardware performance counters and other profiling tools
- Thorough understanding of modern computer architecture
- Outstanding communication skills, with fluency in English a must-have
- Experience with fast-packet processing in user space and common kernel-bypass implementations (e.g. Solarflare OpenOnload, TCPDirect, etc.
- Experience working around the performance challenges of languages with managed runtime (such as Java or C#) and familiarity with a typed functional language
Benefits and Incentives:
- Substantial and varied range of project work
- Market-leading compensation
- Exciting and enjoyable company culture, including relaxed dress code, huge emphasis on work-life balance, learning outside of the workplace
- Collaborative and innovative environment where each person has the opportunity to make a significant impact