Highly proficient Linux Systems Engineer with great communication skills wanted to join an elite team at a tech-focused market-maker. Using the best technology and tools in the market, they develop prop trading strategies, technology and algorithms to make tens of thousands of trades per second.
Linux Systems Engineers are a critical part of the firm’s success. You will join a highly talented team, building innovative tools to ensure trading servers work at the highest possible performance level. Work will include overseeing a fleet of UNIX servers (deploying new solutions, performance monitoring, upgrading), fixing and analysing technical problems and researching new technologies either for implementation or to build better.
The successful candidate will be fantastic at multitasking, enjoy collaborating across the business, and have a proactive approach to problem solving.
- At least 2+ years of full-time experience required
- Exceptional Linux admin skills with the ability to think like a SRE/Programmer
- Experience within a high-performance computer environment
- Exposure to automating and solid scripting skills, e.g. PowerShell/Python
- Familiarity using Infrastructure-as-Code and Ansible
- Cloud technology experience – e.g. AWS, Azure, etc. – is a bonus
Rewards and Incentives
- Incredible salary + profit-sharing structure
- Truly collaborative culture, working with the smartest minds in the industry
- Real business impact from day one
- Benefits include: 25 days’ vacation, charitable match opportunities & fully-paid travel