One of the world’s most prestigious tier-1 banks is seeking a senior developer with expert-level knowledge of Java to work on their core real-time risk management system and increase its scalability.
This system processes tens of millions of trade events every day and calculates risk on millions of positions in response to market events and client trading activity. Working closely with users, this role offers the opportunity to contribute to design and architecture discussions at a senior level, as you develop scalable, robust systems that can handle large volumes of data. You will also perform code reviews, mentor junior team members, and define the design and coding best practice standards for the team.
The successful Java Developer will be a skilled communicator, able to interact effectively with users and the wider developer community.
- 5+ years’ experience, preferably with large-scale, high-performance systems
- Significant knowledge of Java programming language and any mainstream JVM
- Minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree in a core STEM subject
- Working knowledge of common distributed architecture patterns
- Cloud application development is desirable (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Bonus points for Angular, SRE, TDD or agile development experience
Culture / Benefits
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Direct business impact
- Collaborative culture and an exciting place to work
- Flexible working/working from home opportunities