Salary: £110-150k + stock
Run by scientists and engineers, this leading fintech is a pioneer in machine learning and predictive technology. What sets them apart from their competitors is that their platform focuses on causality, and is capable of applying time series data from a vast range of industries, rather than just one. In turn, they are capable of providing causal insights and suggested actions that directly impact real-world business problems for a variety of clients.
These clients include tier-1 investment banks, leading hedge funds and one of Europe’s biggest logistics companies – predicting outputs such as oil prices, mortgage rates, energy consumption, and even the spread of disease.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual with strong management and commercial experience in systematic trading to lead an incredibly smart team within Applied Data Science. A hands-on role, you’ll provide technical leadership for a team of data scientists working on the utilisation of the company’s AI technology on development of alpha strategies for their clients.
You’ll work on client projects with leading buy- and sell-side firms, lead on the execution of POC projects & pilots, and collaborate with the internal product team to develop the product roadmap, incorporating customer feedback.
The successful Lead Data Scientist will have exceptional communication skills and is comfortable working independently in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Strong academic record in Computer Science (or related) from a leading university
- Advanced experience of development of alpha trading strategies across various asset classes and styles
- Team lead experience, particularly managing technically sophisticated teams
- Solid experience of data science tools and techniques across a range of algorithms
- Proven track record in planning and executing complex and sizeable projects
- Competitive salary (~£110-150k) + share options
- Generous budget for personal development to attend conferences, courses, buy books etc.
- Join a fast-growing, agile, diverse company, passionate about innovation
- Hybrid working – combination of remote and office-based as required
- Incredible benefits package, including regular team socials and trips away, working abroad for 2 weeks p/a, cycle-to-work scheme, etc.