Salary: up to £150-200k base + bonus
This is a superb opportunity for a proactive and pragmatic engineer to join an award-winning, tech-savvy algorithmic trading firm in London. You will be part of the team that builds the firm’s client-facing/OTC platforms which offer continuous liquidity across multiple asset classes and thousands of instruments.
This role has a company-wide impact, where you will be responsible for the mission control panel for one of the largest trading systems in the world (~$300bn/day). You’ll be providing clarity on what the trading system is doing and how it is performing at any given moment. To do this, you’ll design, implement and maintain reliable software, collaborate with users to understand their needs and get to grips with the workflows of all the teams involved in trading.
The successful candidate will be using Kotlin for day-to-day work, but previous experience isn’t required, just a willingness to learn and fluency in another statically typed language, eg. Java, C++, Rust.
This role offers a high degree of autonomy, giving you the authority to meet business requirements in the manner and using the software hardware that you see fit. If this approach appeals to you, please get in touch!
- Minimum 3+ years’ professional experience (a background in high throughput distributed systems would be ideal)
- Fluent in Kotlin (or another statically typed language like Java, C++ or Rust and willing to learn Kotlin)
- Solid experience working with algorithms and writing efficient code
- Skilled in writing automated tests
- Highly numerate, with fantastic problem-solving skills
- Happy to be 3 days in office / 2 days WFH each week
NB: Please do not apply if you are a fresh graduate.
- Competitive compensation package
- Challenging work within a truly flat structure; ideas from everyone are encouraged and evaluated
- Very direct impact on the PnL, with very little bureaucracy
- Generous benefits package, including life & health insurance, pension, onsite gym, yoga, climbing wall, pool & table tennis and regular staff social events