Salary: £250-350k total comp
One of the world’s most renowned financial institutions is looking for an experienced developer with substantial KDB+/Q expertise to lead a team of 10-12 KDB developers and market data experts in London. Joining the Data & Analytics team, they need a strong leader to own and expand the strategic market-wide Tick data store.
This is a pivotal role where you will be a hands-on developer, while also guiding your team members, completing code/design reviews, etc. As a result, your workload will be varied, covering everything from technical design documentation and code, to the full project life cycle, through to various aspects of project development.
Collaborating regularly with business stakeholders, local product/desk colleagues and QR and tech teams, you will co-ordinate with the global KDB team to ensure consistent functional and technical design.
The successful KDB Data Lead will be an exceptional communicator, adept at liaising with stakeholders both technical and non-technical, and skilled at simultaneously driving multiple projects through to completion.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years’ demonstrable skills in KDB+/Q, plus relevant financial services experience (fixed income, equities, or any derivatives are useful)
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux and OS-level tools
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Sound knowledge of electronic trading across equities and F&O
- Experience with time-series databases involving development of scalable real-time data processing systems
- Familiarity with any of the following: real-time market data, pre-trade analytics, post-trade analytics, order management, algorithmic trading, enterprise data warehouse, FIX protocol, web services
- Cloud experience in AWS is a plus
- Significant salaries + bonuses + benefits
- High degree of ownership and impactful work
- Excellent career growth and professional development is encouraged
- Flexible working and working from home opportunities: moving forward will be 3 days in office, up to 2 from home / week (currently 1 day / week in office for most)