Junior Quant Developer – Systematic Trading Hedge Fund – London
Job Summary: This is a Junior Quant Developer position at a boutique multi-asset management firm. The client has recently moved from a discretionary to systematic fund, and you will be an integral part of launching this new systematic trading platform from scratch.
A systematic hedge fund, my client deploys a globally risk diversified systematic strategy and believe in hiring exceptional talent from various backgrounds to collaborate in solving some of the hardest problems in finance. They are a fun and enthusiastic community with a lively social side (team problem solving, a running club, squash club and an academy). They employ a diverse, dynamic culture and way of working which combine the best of technology start-ups and asset management firms
You will work closely with the Quantitative Strategies team + Machine Learning Researchers to implement the new systematic trading models, using cutting edge mathematical and computational techniques. You must have a demonstrative ability in an engineering team working with data science or quantitative research, and strong Python proficiency. This is a multi-language role, with strong emphasis on open source and using the right tools for the job. Looking for someone with potential and enthusiasm!
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong skills in Python (preferred) plus experience in 1 other OO language
- Experience in medium to large scale software projects
- 2:1 degree (or equivalent) from a top University in Computer Science/Maths.
- Experience with the standard collaborative tool-chain (e.g Git, Jira) and development workflows (CI/CD, automated testing, code reviews)
- No financial knowledge necessary
Benefits & Incentives
- Competitive Salary + bonus
- Excellent work-life balance. Not rigid, long working hours.
- Down-to-earth, progressive work culture – who value a lifelong interest in learning, innovation, collaboration and tenacity.
If you feel you are a good match or interested in a general chat about the hedge fund market, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
+44 (0) 20 3475 7198
Reference: JSE – Eloise
Get in touch using the contact form below or give us a ring at +44 (0)20 3137 9570 or +1 646 7129 405. We'd love to speak with you about what we can offer.