Salary: £150-250k total comp
This is a global, massively successful hedge fund, and this role is on their most successful trading team, currently a team of 13 operating like an independent fund. They employ thousands of people around the world, but it operates like a start-up with all the latest technologies and solely greenfield projects / building from scratch. There are no management opportunities on offer here as they have an incredibly flat structure – minimising any red tape, and direct daily contact with the portfolio manager.
They’re looking to hire a KDB developer; if you have KDB experience, that’s great, but they’re happy to look at candidates with any OO, so long as you are keen to pick up and use KDB for the majority of the time.
With huge amounts of project ownership and no red tape, you’ll be facing off directly to the PM and quants to support and enhance the system, covering everything from data, real-time analytics, creating APIs, to building trading systems from the ground-up.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be a strong team player and enjoy lots of exposure to the business.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 1-4+ years’ software development experience in any OO
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Maths, or related
- Familiarity with Linux
- Good at prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects in a constantly changing environment
- While KDB experience is not required, a willingness to learn is a must
- ‘Trader-level’ bonuses tied to profits of the trading team
- High degree of autonomy and impactful work
- Excellent career growth and professional development is encouraged
- Hybrid working – Mayfair office & working from home