Java Software Developer at Tech-driven, Prop Trading Firm
Location: London | Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Salary: Up to £120k + strong bonuses
Visa Sponsorship available
This firm is a world class principal trading firm, which means they trade their own money and are not accountable to outside investors or third party funds. Their trading portfolio is diverse—across asset classes and instruments, using their own models and systems—and it’s this diversification that sets them apart from the competition.
You will work closely with highly talented engineers, traders and researchers on their delta1 desk, which trades across European, Asian and US markets. The team is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the full trading system, from pricing to execution to risk management.
- Design, develop and test proprietary trading software.
- Write performance-sensitive code.
- Work on complex algorithmic trading problems.
- Build out real time trade management and risk analysis.
- 2 years of Core Java: JVM tuning / garbage collection / memory management
- Understanding of concurrency, object oriented programming and distributed systems
- Experience writing latency-sensitive code
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience on Linux platforms
- Network programming experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Physics or any related Engineering, Mathematics or Science discipline
- Excellent software development skills in Java and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
If you feel you are a good match, please don’t hesitate to get in touch:
Get in touch using the contact form below or give us a ring at +44 (0)20 3137 9570 or +1 646 7129 405. We'd love to speak with you about what we can offer.