Salary: £130-150k base + ~£80k bonus
One of the world’s most prestigious multi-strategy funds. They employ thousands of people around the world, but it operates like a start-up with all the latest technologies and plenty of greenfield projects / building from scratch – with very few legacy systems. This is a great place to work; the tech culture is excellent and good performance recognised.
For this role, you must be a talented, pragmatic developer as you will be working closely with the quant portfolio managers, designing and building the next-generation systematic framework for them. With a varied workload, it includes transitioning market data to the cloud, running fill simulations and building APIs for execution.
Fantastic communication skills are crucial to be successful in this role, as is the ability to work independently with huge amounts of autonomy and project ownership.
Skills and Experience Required
- 5+ years’ software development experience in Java
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Maths or equivalent
- Solid cloud experience – AWS is preferred, but will also consider GCP or Azure
- Experience on, or adjacent to, an order management system (OMS)
Desirable (highly valued, but not essential)
- Python experience
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Significant salaries, strong bonuses + benefits
- High degree of autonomy and impactful work
- Excellent career growth and professional development is encouraged
- Hybrid working – Mayfair office & working from home (3 in office, 2 from home split is ‘the norm’)