With no red tape, no dress code and no rigid structure, this is not your standard hedge fund.
Superb opportunity for a full stack Java developer to work on a brand-new centralised research data platform, the first of its kind at this fund. With significant amounts of greenfield work and the chance to work with a truly diverse tech stack, you can really make an impact in this forward-thinking environment.
Role will include
- data platform design and build out
- integrated pricing and risk models / APIs
- developing and supporting all levels of the tech stack, including frontend, middleware, servers and databases
- full SDLC involvement: from requirements gathering, to designing, developing, deploying, through to support and system monitoring
- 2+ years’ commercial core Java experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or similar
- Basic knowledge of SQL/RDBMS
- Strong team-working and communication skills – comfortable suggesting new technologies/methodologies
- Bonus points for Fixed Income knowledge and/or experience with ETL, data pipelines, data monitoring, etc.
Culture / Benefits
- Opportunities to influence tech decision-making, while using the latest technologies and open source software
- Atmosphere of open dialogue and entrepreneurial/start-up feel
- Recently renovated, amazing open-plan office with roof terrace overlooking Green Park
<£130k base + lucrative hedge fund bonuses