One of the world’s most prestigious tier-1 banks is seeking a senior developer with expert-level knowledge of Java to work on their equity derivatives technology platform and increase its scalability. This system manages the pre-trade workflow for sales and trading, including product definition, pricing and quoting, pre-trade approvals and automated integration with booking systems.
This role offers the opportunity to play a pivotal part in the build-out of the platform and be involved in strategic architectural decisions at a senior level. You will support and lead various phases of the product lifecycle, including analysis, development and testing, while developing new and existing components in Java. Working closely with front office business users, you will be a proactive member of an agile team. You will also perform code reviews, mentor junior team members, and define and encourage the design and coding best practice standards for the team.
The successful Java Developer will be an outstanding communicator, able to interact effectively with users, business owners and the wider global team.
- 5+ years’ commercially proven development experience in Java
- Sound experience of Agile development techniques and build and release management principles, including CI/CD
- Practical TDD experience
- Previous experience in mentoring less experienced team members
- Experience with application integration, software design patterns, frameworks, unit testing, automated testing, performance / memory analysis, and n-tier service-oriented architecture
- Equity derivatives product knowledge is not a pre-requisite, but it is advantageous
Culture / Benefits
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Direct business impact
- Collaborative culture and an exciting place to work
- Flexible working/working from home opportunities