One of the world’s most prestigious tier-1 banks is seeking a skilled engineer with excellent knowledge of Linux to join the Equities Middle Office infrastructure team in London.
This team builds and manages messaging middleware, distributing trading messages from the trading flows to various downstream systems. You will be tasked with providing trade routing application integration as the business expands, plus you will be involved in building the next-generation technologies platform, contributing to global strategic architecture.
This role offers the opportunity to gain exposure across the board of businesses at the firm, including sales & trading, wealth management and fixed income among others.
NB: This is an urgent business hire and the process is very quick – so apply now!
- 2+ years’ experience, preferably with large-scale distributed systems
- Strong proficiency in Linux/Unix, including shell scripting
- Sound experience with scripting languages (Python would be ideal)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with configuration files in XML and YAML
- An interest in cloud computing/Big Data/Stream processing is beneficial
- Bonus points for Finance experience or knowledge of Kafka
Culture / Benefits
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Direct business impact
- Collaborative culture and an exciting place to work
- Flexible working/working from home opportunities