Salary:£60-65k base (~£80k TC)
This is a great opportunity at one of the leading providers of sports betting brokerage software. Made up of research mathematicians, computer scientists and trading analysts, they have developed a flagship product – a state-of-the-art research and trading platform that allows clients to find and execute the best prices available.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will join a small, motivated team where you can make a meaningful impact both on your immediate colleagues and on the firm’s success as a whole. This role offers the chance to work on many varied projects, from networking design and routing, to maintaining large-scale PostgreSQL database clusters, to system monitoring and security.
The culture here is second to none. They recognise the importance of having a simple, robust, scalable and secure infrastructure, so your work will be truly valued. If you are intellectually curious, enjoy learning about new technologies and thrive on solving difficult problems, this is for you.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong coding skills, able to write and maintain good quality code, ideally with Python and shell scripting experience
- Proficient in solving difficult problems via coding automation
- Excellent communication skills, able to quickly develop strong working relationships
- Experience with large-scale Linux systems admin – they use Debian/Ubuntu, but would consider someone with CentOS/RedHat experience
- Experience with monitoring systems, config management software, Linux containers
- Solid knowledge of all hardware and software layers
- Knowledge of big data systems management (e.g. Spark, HDFS, Airflow)
- Git experience
Benefits & Incentives
- Strong salary + discretionary bonus scheme
- Relaxed working environment, with genuinely flexible hours
- Generous benefits package, including personal training budget, cycle-to-work scheme & generous holiday allowance
- Flat, transparent organisational structure, no bureaucracy
- Regular social events including weekly free lunch