Salary: up to £150k + bonus
Not your standard algo trading company, this leading firm prides itself on its flat hierarchy, teamwork, and rewarding people on merit and excellence. Specialists within electronic market-making in FX, equity, fixed income and commodity markets, they have one of the best names in the industry.
They are seeking a Network Engineer to join the team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining infrastructure – for both the post-trade and low-latency OTC trading platform, as well as company-wide shared services.
In this role, you will cover a wide range of technology, including operating systems, WAN/LAN connectivity, AWS cloud, storage, monitoring tools and configuration management. You will work collaboratively with trading developers and heads of department, and will also mentor team members so they can support the systems you develop.
This role would be perfect for someone who is well-organised, pragmatic and possesses expert skills in network infrastructure engineering and who is keen to utilise and develop further tech knowledge outside of pure network engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience as a network engineer, including knowledge of automating and monitoring as much as possible using code and structured configuration
- Familiar with open-source technology – particularly Linux
- Advanced network engineering skills; at ease on the CLI of Cisco/Arista switches and ideally aware of Juniper & other vendors
- Deep knowledge of network routing and switching (BGP, OSPF, PIM, IGMP), etc., with advanced knowledge of Ethernet and TCP/IP
- Ability to code in Python, Go or similar, and familiar using tools like git
NB: Please do not apply if you are a fresh graduate.
- Significant compensation package – you are making a direct impact on the PnL
- Collaborative and friendly environment with highly engaged colleagues
- Free onsite gym, sauna and fitness classes
- Breakfast and lunch provided four days a week
- Cutting-edge, beautiful London offices